INVISALIGN®Invisalign is a system which uses a series of clear, removable teeth aligners to straighten your teeth to achieve that perfect smile
Looking for Invisalign in central London? Covent Garden Dental Spa should be your only destination.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a system which uses a series of clear, removable teeth aligners to straighten your teeth to achieve that perfect smile They are virtually invisible braces that are used as use as an alternative to traditional metal braces
How does Invisalign work?
A 3-D computer-imaging technology is used to make a series of bespoke custom-made clear aligners. The individual aligners move your teeth little by little. Each aligner is worn for two weeks. By the time you are wearing your final aligner, your teeth will be in the desired final position.
How long does it take?
This will be determined by one of our invisalign providers, as each case is individual, varies depending the complexity of the treatment you require and the amount of movement your teeth will need to make.
What different options do we provide?
- Invisalign Full – Aims to straighten crowded teeth using a series of virtually invisible removable aligners
- Invisalign Lite – Ideal for less complicated causes such as minor crowding, uses fewer removable aligners
- Invisalgn Teen – Ideal for our younger patients
- Invisalign i7 – Ideal for minor cases which will be completed within 3 months
What are advantages of Invisalign?
- The aligners are completely transparent, and so are nearly invisible making them very popular with adults who wish to discretely undergo orthodontic treatment.
- Our patients who are undergoing treatment believe the aligners are more comfortable than traditional braces. This is mainly due to the aligners being removable and so eating is much easier as compared to traditional braces.
- Clinically, the aligners have less of a traumatic effect on the gums and supporting tissues. Some Invisalign treatments have been claimed to be quicker than traditional orthodontics
- The aligners are affordable and payments are spread out over the course of treatment.
Will Invisalign work for me?
If you have all of your adult teeth, most patients can be treated with Invisalign, even if the teeth have crowns and bridges. Invisalign can be used to successfully treat many issues such as the following:
- Crooked teeth
- Spaces between the teeth
- Certain overbites
- Certain crossbites
Is Invisalign suitable for adults?
This treatment can be used to treat anyone who has a full set of adult teeth, especially the adult molars
How long do I have to wear the retainers for?
You have to be prepared to wear the retainer at all times, other than when you are eating or drinking or brushing and flossing your teeth. This will amount to 22-23 hours per day to achieve the best results.
Will the treatment cause any discomfort?
It is normal to feel a temporary discomfort when you wear the aligners for the first few days. The aligners are smooth and so are not harmful to the inside of your mouth, but you will feel a little pressure on your teeth and this is a good sign the retainers are working.
Are there any side effects?
As with any conventional treatments, you will feel a slight discomfort at first. The aligners may also temporarily affect the speech of some people, and you may also have a slight lisp for the first few days.
Testimonial from happy patient Model and Vlogger Sam
How old (or new) is this technology?
This treatment was started in 1997. Since then, over 10,000,000 aligners have been made and over 3.6 million patients have been successfully treated with Invisalign. For more information, please visit our website.
How do I get started?
After your initial consultation, which we carry out for all patients looking for Invisalign in central London, we will discuss your goals for a new smile. Photographs and impressions will be taken of your teeth, these will help us to plan your treatment with you. With our advanced computer technology, we can show you a model of how your smile will look after you have completed your treatment.
To book your consultation for Invisalign in central London, click below.
Covent Garden Dental Spa
68a Neal Street
020 7836 9107
Monday to Friday: 08:30 - 18:30
Saturdays: 10:00 - 14:00