VENEERSLooking for veneers in central London? Look no further than Covent Garden Dental Spa.
What is a veneer?
Looking for veneers in central London? Look no further than Covent Garden Dental Spa.
A veneer is a wafer thin material which is bonded to the front of your existing tooth structure. Between you, the dentist and the laboratory, the colour, shade shape of the tooth can be predetermined, so providing you with your desired perfect smile. Please also read smile make-over treatments.
When is a Veneer required?
Veneers are mainly used in smile make-over treatments, but their main indications are in the following instances:
- Improve the shape of tooth
- Improve the position of teeth
- Close up gaps in between teeth
- Straighten crooked teeth
- Improve the colour of a tooth
- Protect a damaged tooth structure
- Restore a fractured tooth structure
A veneer can be used to restore one tooth, or multiple veneers can be used in the instance of a smile make-over. The veneers would be used to give the patient a smile with uniform coloured teeth, correct size, correct shape and correct size and symmetry.
What materials do Covent Garden Dental Spa use to make our veneers in central London?
A veneer can be made of dental porcelain or a composite material. A composite veneer can be placed directly onto the tooth by the dentist, or it can be an indirectly fabricated where the veneer is made in the laboratory and the dentist later bonds the veneer on to the tooth. The porcelain veneers are only indirect restorations. The porcelain veneers tend to be the more popular option as they are stronger, last longer and have better cosmetics for a more natural appearance.
What does treatment involve?
- A consultation will be carried out to establish your treatment needs, which will involve an in depth discussion and history taking. This preliminary session is very important to establish a good raport with the dentist, and allow the dentist to understand exactly what you want to achieve from the veneer treatment, especially if the veneer treatment is a smile make-over
- A dental examination will be carried out and further discussion carried out, with options being provided for dental treatment depending on your individual circumstances.
- A diagnostic wax-up will be prepared. This will allow the dentist to show what you should expect from the treatment. This is the opportunity for you to give your input with regards to the shape, shade and position of the veneers.
- Preparation of these teeth will involve trimming the tooth. Very minimal preparation is required for veneers. A putty impression of the tooth structure remaining is taken, and this is sent off to the laboratory where the technician uses the models to make your veneers, according to your feedback and input from the diagnostic wax-up. It can take the technician anything up to about 2 weeks to prepare your veneers, so in the interim period, your dentist will make temporary veneers to protect your teeth. These temporary veneers will be modelled from the diagnostic wax-up, thus giving you a chance to see what your new veneers will look like. If you feel any changes need to be made to the permanent veneers, this will be a great time to provide the feedback to the technician.
- The fitting appointment involves trying the veneers in with a try-in paste. If you are happy with the shade an appearance of the teeth, we will fit your veneers using a resin based cement. It does once in while happen that the veneers require adjusting prior to permanent cementation.
How long does a veneer last?
A porcelain veneer can last from 5 to 10 years. The composite veneers tend to last up to about 2 years. Frequent check ups and hygiene sessions and good oral hygiene will ensure your veneers last for a longer period of time.
What are advantages of veneer treatment?
Minimal tooth reduction is required as opposed to crown treatment.
What are disadvantages of veneer treatment?
The treatment involves removing tooth structure which in most instances is healthy tooth structure.
What are alternatives for Veneers?
- If colour is the main need for treatment then whitening is an option to veneer treatment
- If position and alignment are the main need for treatment then orthodontics is an option to veneer treatment.
Want to book your veneers in central London today? Click below.
Want to book in for your veneers in central London today? Click below.
Covent Garden Dental Spa
68a Neal Street
020 7836 9107
Monday to Friday: 08:30 - 18:30
Saturdays: 10:00 - 14:00