We specialise in Cosmetic Fillings, which are the more natural-looking, tooth-coloured fillings. Our aim is to work in a Mercury-free environment.
At the Covent Garden Dental Spa we offer a range of cosmetic dentistry treatments
At the Covent Garden Dental Spa, we artistically fill your cavity using a composite filling. We would choose a composite with a shade to best suit your teeth so the filling is camouflaged. The composite filling is a mouldable filling material thus allowing your dentist to mould and shape it to the emulate the shape of the missing tooth structure. The composite filling is made of an acrylic resin combined with a variety of fillers and is bonded directly to your tooth structure.
Composite fillings can be used for the following procedures:
- Fillings can be used on teeth which have decay. Your dentist would start by removing this decay for you. The cavity created would need to filled, and can be filled by a variety of dental filling materials.
- You may wish to replace your old metallic fillings – also known as amalgam fillings, mercury fillings or silver fillings. The composite filling would have a better cosmetic appeal
- If you have a tooth that is not the correct shape, a composite filling can be bonded onto to the tooth to give the tooth the new desired shape.
- If you have a chipped or broken filling, you may use the composite filling to repair the tooth thus restoring it to its original shade for cosmetics and function.
- If you have gaps in your teeth, a composite filling can be used to close the gap
- Composite filling material can also be moulded into the shape of a veneer by your dentist. This would be a quicker and cheaper option instead of having porcelain veneers in a smile makeover, even though porcelain veneers are considered to be the better option as they are stronger, will last longer, and as they are made in the laboratory, they will have a better finish